Introduction to Health Care Information
- To be able to compare and contrast the various definitions of health care information.
- To be able to describe the major types of health care information (internal and external) that are captured or used or both in health care organizations.
- To be able to cite specific examples of the major types of health care information.
- To be able to understand the content and uses of patient records.
- To be able to follow a patient's or client's health information throughout a typical encounter or process.
Although it may seem self-evident, it is worth stating: health care information is the reason we need health care information systems. No study of information systems in health care ...