Organizing Information Technology Services
- Describe the roles, responsibilities, and major functions of the IT department or organization.
- Discuss the role and responsibility of the chief information officer (CIO), chief medical informatics officer (CMIO), chief security officer (CSO), chief technology officer (CTO), and other key IT staff.
- Describe the different ways IT services might be organized and governed within a health care organization.
- Identify key attributes of highly effective IT organizations.
- Develop a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the IT function within an organization.
By now you should have an understanding of health care data, the various clinical and administrative applications ...