PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND PATIENT FLOW
- Identify the four steps of process mapping and draw a basic process map.
- Understand how to create a value stream map and why it is useful.
- Recognize the data required to set staffing levels.
- Understand the concepts involved in workload management.
- Comprehend the value of productivity analysis, especially as related to health care settings.
- Recognize and understand common health care productivity measures.
- Gain an awareness of steps that can be taken to improve productivity, particularly in health care settings.
This chapter focuses on processes. In a health care setting, there are numerous processes that occur every day, many of which could be improved. The literature ...