AGGREGATE PLANNING, SCHEDULING, AND CAPACITY MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH CARE
- Understand the basics of aggregate/central planning and capacity planning.
- Understand the role enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems play in health care.
- Understand the importance of scheduling and capacity management within health care.
- Understand what dispatching rules and scheduling methods are.
- Understand the basics of facility location analysis including the center of gravity method.
Although service-based, large health care organizations do not differ from product-based organizations in that each organization must have aggregate planning and control. Aggregate/central planning is needed to determine what ...