Information Security and Privacy Events Management
In this chapter, you will learn to
• Understand the phases of data incident management
• Recognize the difference between incidents, events, and data breaches
• Apply responsibilities of incident response team members
• Comprehend required actions when third parties cause the incident
• Examine external notification requirements for data breaches
Our story begins at the end of the week. It’s Friday afternoon and Sally, the health records specialist, is just about finished for the day. Looking forward to a long weekend of rest and relaxation after a busy week, she was almost done adhering with the organization’s Clean Desk Policy. Sally ...