In this chapter, you will learn to
• Distinguish among the relevant general privacy terms applicable to healthcare
• Recognize how privacy protects patient rights and supports the confidentiality of the healthcare information
• Appreciate the role of and requirement for the healthcare privacy officer
• Understand the prevailing data privacy concepts that make up leading privacy frameworks
• Comprehend measures required under privacy principles related to data breach, including requirements for notifying affected individuals
This book is very clear in its intentions. Within healthcare, the roles and responsibilities of ...