J. Michael Kramer, Sheila Ochylski, Jane Brokel
In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Design processes and information flows for the practice that accommodate quality improvement and reporting
• Develop a plan for a revised and optimized clinical workflow within a healthcare system that integrates meaningful use of information technology
• Develop a process map for given clinical process workflows within a complex healthcare system
• Analyze clinical workflows to design information technology that supports clinical decision making and care coordination
• Critically analyze the workflow processes in a selected clinical setting, taking into account potential gaps, areas of redundancy, delays, manual work, work volume, task time, and elapsed ...