You have now seen how a healthcare IT project progresses from the initiating phase to the planning phase and then on to the executing phase, with its emphasis on monitoring and controlling processes. All that is left is to confirm that all aspects of the project’s activities are finished so that the project can be officially complete. At the time of project closing, the following activities may take place:
• The project is accepted by the project initiator or sponsor.
• A post-project review is conducted.
• Lessons learned are documented.
• Any necessary updates are applied to the organizational process.
• Project notes are filed for use in future projects.
• Any other close-out procedures required by the project sponsor or ...