In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Define operational safeguards
• Apply operational safeguards within a healthcare setting
• Explain the value of an information security management process that includes information security training and awareness
• Assess risk in healthcare organizations using a framework of standards-based criteria
• Identify operational safeguard fundamentals within emerging healthcare initiatives
Operational safeguards are correct processes, procedures, standards, and practices that govern the creation, handling, usage, and sharing of health information. They are an important ...