J. Marc Overhage, Brian E. Dixon
In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Define population health and explain how it differs from healthcare delivery
• Describe the role of public health in managing illness outbreaks, epidemics, and pandemics
• Identify and explain issues that affect the use of data for population health
• Apply health data definitions and standards, as well as privacy and confidentiality issues, in typical public health scenarios
• Identify when public health departments can receive identifiable health information to perform public health functions without patient authorization
• Recognize and explain how population ...