Book descriptionUse powerful C++ algorithms and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) to aid in hedge fund decision making
Low interest rates, overcrowded markets and greater regulatory oversight are just some of the many reasons it is close to impossible for hedge funds to draw competitive returns. The solution for many hedge fund managers, quantitative investment analysts and risk managers is to adopt new technologies, platforms and programming languages to better manage their risks and maximise the benefits of their return profiles.
Hedge Fund Modelling and Analysis is a full course in the latest analytic strategies for hedge fund investing, complete with a one-of-a-kind primer on both C++ and object oriented programming (OOP). Covering both basic and risk-adjusted performance measures, this practitioner's guide enables you to manage risk easily and make the most of key statistics with simple and advanced analysis techniques. This highly anticipated third book in the widely used Hedge Fund Modelling and Analysis series is the only guide available for applying the powerful C++ language to revolutionise hedge fund trading. Even if you've never worked with code before, the focused overview of C++ gives you everything you need to navigate the technical aspects of object oriented programming, which enables you to build sophisticated analysis programs from small units of reusable code. This book is your breakthrough introduction to winning with hedge funds in the new reality of trading.
Jumpstart your new approach to beating the markets with:
- All the guidance and hands-on support you need to use quantitative strategies to optimise hedge fund decision-making.
- Illustrative modelling exercises and worked-out problems demonstrating what to expect when assessing risk and return factors in the real world.
- A companion website offering additional C++ programs, algorithms and data to download.
Make reading Hedge Fund Modelling and Analysis your new routine and gain all the insight and relevant information you need to beat the markets.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Essential C++
- Chapter 2: The Hedge Fund Industry
- Chapter 3: Hedge Fund Data Sources
Chapter 4: Statistical Analysis
- 4.1 The Stats Class
- 4.2 The Utils Class
- 4.3 The Import Class
- 4.4 Basic Performance Plots
- 4.5 Probability Distributions
- 4.6 Probability Density Function
- 4.7 Cumulative Distribution Function
- 4.8 The Normal Distribution
- 4.9 Visual Tests for Normality
- 4.10 Moments of a Distribution
- 4.11 Covariance and Correlation
- 4.12 Linear Regression
- Chapter 5: Performance Measurement
- Chapter 6: Mean-Variance Optimisation
- Chapter 7: Market Risk Management
- Title: Hedge Fund Modelling and Analysis
- Release date: December 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118879573
You might also like
Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: A Trader's Journey From Data Mining to Monte Carlo Simulation to Live Trading, + Website
Develop your own trading system with practical guidance and expert advice In Building Algorithmic Trading Systems: …
Derivatives Analytics with Python: Data Analysis, Models, Simulation, Calibration and Hedging
Supercharge options analytics and hedging using the power of Python Derivatives Analytics with Python shows you …
Dive into algo trading with step-by-step tutorials and expert insight Machine Trading is a practical guide …
Quantitative Trading : How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business
While institutional traders continue to implement quantitative (or algorithmic) trading, many independent traders have wondered if …