Hello! iOS Development is a tutorial designed for novice iOS developers. Using the Hello! style of User Friendly cartoons and illustrations, this entertaining book will guide you step-by-step as you write your first apps for the iPhone and iPad and add them to the AppStore.
About this Book
To create a successful iPhone or iPad app you need a great idea, serious commitment, and some programming know-how. If you supply the idea and the commitment, this entertaining and easy-to-read book will help you pick up the coding skills you need to bring your app to life.
Hello! iOS Development is a tutorial designed for new iOS developers. It builds on your existing programming knowledge to create apps for the iPhone and iPad using the Objective-C language and Apple’s free Xcode tools. Characters from the User Friendly cartoon series guide you as you write your first apps and add them to the AppStore.
Written for readers with beginning-level programming skills. No prior experience with iOS development is assumed.
No iPhone or iPad development experience required
Go from napkin sketch to finished app
Publish your apps in the AppStore
Easy writing style with visual learning aids
About the Authors
Lou Franco is an iOS developer with over a decade of iOS experience. Eitan Mendelowitz teaches computing and the arts at Smith College.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this book
- About Hello! books
- Part 1. Hello! iPhone
Part 2. iPhone applications: step by step
- Chapter 4. Writing an app with multiple views
- Chapter 5. Polishing your app
- Chapter 6. Working with databases and table views
- Chapter 7. Creating a photo-based application
- Chapter 8. Moving, rotating, editing, and animating images
- Chapter 9. Working with location and maps
- Chapter 10. Accessing the internet
- Part 3. Going from Xcode to the App Store
- Appendix A. Online resources for iOS app developers
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Hello! iOS Development
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781935182986