His book, Hello Swift! iOS app programming for kids and other beginners, teaches you how to write apps for iPhones and iOS devices step by step, starting with your first line of Swift code. Packed with dozens of apps and special exercises, the book will teach you how to program by writing games, solving puzzles, and exploring what your iPhone can do. Hello Swift! gets you started. Where you go next is up to you!
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this book
- About the author
- Chapter 1. Get ready to build apps with Swift!
- Chapter 2. Create your first app
- Chapter 3. Your first real Swift code using variables
- Chapter 4. I/O laboratory
- Chapter 5. Computers make decisions, too!
- Chapter 6. Let computers do repetitive work
- Chapter 7. Knitting variables into arrays and dictionaries
- Chapter 8. Reuse your code: Clean it with function detergent
- Chapter 9. Reduce your code: Use less, do more with class detergent
- Chapter 10. Reading and writing files
- Chapter 11. Frameworks: Bookshelves of classes
- Chapter 12. SpriteKit: Fun animation time
- Chapter 13. Time to watch your WatchKit code
- Chapter 14. Continuing your journey with Swift
- Appendix A. Check whether I’m prime
- Appendix B. Mean Median Detective
- Appendix C. Factoring factory
- Appendix D. How big is a triangle?
- Appendix E. I’m mixed up; make me improper
- Appendix F. Installation
- What goes in a good app
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Hello Swift!
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617292620