Other Editing Issues

Viewing HD

Now that you are planning to shoot and edit a high definition show, what kind of monitor do you need? There are several types of monitors that can display a high definition signal: tube (also known as CRT which stands for Cathode Ray Tube), DLP (Digital Light Processing), plasma, and LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). For most professional uses, a calibrated tube monitor is considered the most accurate. However, CRTs are quickly becoming a technology of the past. Broadcasters still use CRTs in edit bays and machine rooms to view high definition signals; however, the days of the CRT are numbered. Inherently interlaced, heavy, needing constant calibration, and unable to accurately display high frequencies, ...

Get High Definition Postproduction now with the O’Reilly learning platform.

O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.