Globalisation of world trade, international media, technological innovation and social change are creating opportunities and challenges that today’s pupils will inherit and build on. A pupil’s academic, technical and social capacity will define their success or failure. Therefore, educational outcomes and well-being for young people across emerging and developed economies and the crucial role of education and leaders of education has never been more important.
Schools are under pressure to think more clearly about their place in children’s lives beyond the passage of learning in classrooms. The processes inside schools, the organisation of school systems and the relationship between communities’ educators are critical elements in a complex mix that must balance correctly if it is to benefit school children properly.
Using the term ’high leverage leadership‘ to describe leadership that is associated with higher outcomes than would normally be found in similar contexts, this timely book:
- Provides an overview of the development of educational leadership research
- Demonstrates how successful educational leaders apply contextual, social and professional expertise to the three distinctive leadership tasks of navigation, management and partnership
- Offers an insight into the complexity of the educational leadership and practices of school leaders who, against the odds, produce high outcomes for young people
- Validates the idea that a renovation of educational leadership is necessary to maximise educational outcomes.
High Leverage Leadership will be an indispensible text for school leaders, public sector officers, post-graduate students and researchers in leadership, policy, school improvement and educational change.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- High-Leverage Leadership
- Title Page
- List of Illustrations
- 1 Educational leadership: Professional imperative or misguided optimism?
- 2 High-leverage leadership
- 3 Navigation
- 4 Management
- 5 Partnership
- 6 Organisational pathology and high-leverage leadership
- 7 Governance, accountability and impact
- 8 Reflections on high-leverage leadership in education
- Title: High-Leverage Leadership
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781136583926
You might also like
The Leadership Contract, 2nd Edition
A comprehensive blueprint for the enlightened leader The Leadership Contract is the modern leader's handbook for …
The Pfeiffer Book of Successful Leadership Development Tools
The Pfeiffer Book of Successful Leadership Development Tools is organized into three sections: Presentations and Discussions …
The 108 Skills of Natural Born Leaders
A refreshingly different look at an old question: Are leaders born or made? Some people appear …
Working Both Ways...West Point and Woodstock: Authoritative Leadership and Democratic Decision Making
This Element is an excerpt from Doing Both: How Cisco Captures Today's Profit and Drives Tomorrow's …