How can you realize MySQL's full power? With High Performance MySQL, you'll learn advanced techniques for everything from choosing the right abstraction layer for databases to designing schemas, indexes, and queries to tuning your server, operating system, and hardware to achieve their full potential. This guide also teaches database administrators safe and practical ways to scale applications through replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover.
Updated to reflect recent advances in cloud- and self-hosted MySQL, InnoDB performance, features, and tools, this revised edition helps you design a data platform that will scale with your business. You'll learn the latest in cloud-hosted MySQL offerings, best practices for database security, and hard-earned lessons in both performance and database stability.
- Dive into MySQL's architecture, including key facts about its storage engines
- Learn how server configuration works with your hardware and deployment choices
- Make query performance part of your software delivery process
- Examine enhancements to MySQL's replication and high availability
- Compare different MySQL offerings in managed cloud environments
- Explore MySQL's full stack optimization from application-side configuration to server tuning
- Turn traditional database management tasks into automated processes
Table of contents
1. MySQL Architecture
- MySQL’s Logical Architecture
- Concurrency Control
- Multiversion Concurrency Control
- MySQL’s Storage Engines
- 2. Operating System and Hardware Optimization
3. Scaling MySQL
- What Is Scaling?
- Read Versus Write Bound Loads
- Scaling Reads with Read Pools
- Title: High Performance MySQL, 4th Edition
- Release date: January 2022
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492080442
You might also like
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …