Companies in highly regulated industries face unique challenges in optimizing business performance and profitability while maintaining strong governance and regulatory adherence. In this start-to-finish guidebook, leading business performance consultant Hillel Glazer shows how to achieve these goals through the successful integration of lean and systems thinking. Written for operations managers, process professionals, and lean systems managers, Glazer shows how to systematically incorporate compliance into planning for overall performance, value, and profitability, rather than viewing compliance as an end in itself. High Performance Operations will help operations professionals and managers:
Clarify the competing interests that challenge them, and implement pre-conditions for success.
Learn how a systems-thinking approach can promote achieve operational excellence.
Uncover the "secret sauce" that enables great organizations to scale their successes, eliminate single points of failure, and get more of "what went right".
Define what value and operational excellence look like in their organizations, and all the costs of achieving them.
Create solutions, establish proof-of-performance, justify investments, measure performance, and implement continuous improvement.
Translate solutions into working policies, patterns, processes, and procedures.
Table of contents
- Praise for High Performance Operations
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Dedication Page
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- 1. Flying a Business
- 2. The Approach: An Overview
- 3. The Bureaucracy of Compliance
- 4. High Performance of Excellence
- 5. Regulation and Compliance
- 6. The Man Versus The Money
- 7. Focusing on the Wrong Target
- 8. Secret Sauce
- 9. Value, Customer Satisfaction, Profit
- 10. The Solution: Defining and Sustaining Value
- 11. Operational Excellence
- 12. Services
- 13. The Price
- 14. Systems Thinking and Process Engineering
- 15. Operational Excellence, Take 2
- 16. Sanity Checks and Fringe Concepts
- 17. Finishing Touches
- 18. Back to the Future: A Retrospective
- FT Press
- Title: High Performance Operations: Leverage Compliance to Lower Costs, Increase Profits, and Gain Competitive Advantage
- Release date: September 2011
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780132779937
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Communicative English for Engineers and Professionals
Communicative English for Engineers and Professionals covers the syllabi of B. Tech, BE, B.Com, M.Com, BBA, …
Making Work Visible
"""In this timely book (title not final) by Information Technology time management expert Dominica DeGrandis, the …
Presentation Thinking and Design
Discover the 12 steps to dramatically better presentations ‘This innovative book shows you how to get …