Keeping the Best
Essential Retention Strategies
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Why retention matters
- Why retention is now so challenging
- The special challenges of a diverse work force
- Why people stay—and why they leave
- Examples of companies that successfully retain employees
- Tips on managing for retention
HIRING AND RETENTION are two sides of the same coin. They complement each other, and if both are done well they produce what every company desperately needs: first-class human assets. In this chapter we will shift our focus from the hiring process to strategies for keeping the good people you already have.
If you did everything described in the previous chapters right, and filled all your positions with only talented, hard-working people, ...