Components add additional functionality to a GameObject. These components come in many forms. Here are some of the components we already have or will see in this chapter:
- Transform: The job of this component is to define the position, rotation, and scale of each GameObject in a scene. This is the minimum defining element of a GameObject, so all GameObjects have one.
- Camera component: We have seen this component when we set up the camera earlier in this chapter.
- Mesh renderer: This handles details of lighting and materials.
- Rigidbody: This component allows you to control how the GameObject reacts to physics.
- Box collider: This component adds a way to detect and react to collisions in the program.
As a point of reference, a simple ...