Book descriptionNew technology and organizational structures are transforming the workplace, but management skills have not yet caught up. Harnessing knowledge and using it as a competitive advantage is one of the key priorities of organizations today. Honing Your Knowledge Skills looks at how to define knowledge working and identifies the practical skills of knowledge management needed by line managers. This book shows you how to *handle information overload *become an expert *harness new ideas *turn knowledge into action * keep knowledge skills fresh
* understand IT resources and knowledge based systems
The New Skills Portfolio is a groundbreaking new series, published in association with the Industrial Society, which re-defines the core management skills managers and team leaders need to be competitive. Each title is action-focused blending 20th century management initiatives/trends with a new flexible skills portfolio.
The Industrial Society is one of the largest public training providers in the UK. It has over 10,000 member organisations and promotes best practice through its publishing, consultancy, training and advisory services. For more information contact their website on www.indsoc.co.uk
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Title Page
- Series Editor’s Preface
- Introduction: a map for the journey
- 1 Why become an expert knowledge manager?
- 2 Knowledge and experts
- 3 Gathering data for effective knowledge working
- 4 Creating frameworks when knowledge working
- 5 Skills of knowing
- 6 Your skills of knowing toolbag
- 7 The expert knowledge manager’s top ten tips
8 Knowledge skills and information technology
- Our objectives
- You and the knowledge management revolution ... or evolution?
- What can technology do for you?
- Supporting thinking and decisions
- Accessing information through structured storage
- Interpreting data
- Disseminating information
- Facilitating the emergence of cross-functional teams
- What might be your first step?
- Learning review
- 9 Knowledge and the future
- Appendix 1: Conversational literacy in action
- Appendix 2: Resources for knowledge management
- Appendix 3: Some knowledge terms
- Appendix 4: More knowledge information technology
- Title: Honing Your Knowledge Skills
- Release date: November 2009
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781136398421
You might also like
Programming C# 8.0
C# is undeniably one of the most versatile programming languages available to engineers today. With this …
101 Ways to Find Work...And Keep Finding Work for the Rest of Your Career!
Today's job market is radically different from the one our parents and grandparents knew - the …
Computational Thinking - A beginner's guide to problem-solving and programming
Computational thinking (CT) is a timeless, transferable skill that enables you to think more clearly and …
The Definitive Guide to Java Platform Best Practices–Updated for Java 7, 8, and 9 Java has …