How to use storytelling to move people to action
In today's hyper-competitive business environment, leaders who can engage and inspire their teams and organisations have a distinct advantage. Using the art of effective storytelling, leaders can defeat information overload to inspire the emotion and effort needed to adopt new strategies, attract new clients, or win new business.
Dry facts and data fade from memory over time, but an engaging story is difficult to forget. In Hooked, communication and business storytelling experts Gabrielle Dolan and Yamini Naidu use real-world examples and proven, effective techniques to teach the skill of great business storytelling. They explain what good storytelling is, why business leaders need to learn it, how to create effective stories, and how to practice for perfection.
Offers proven advice on telling engaging, inspiring stories
Includes real-world examples and case studies of what to do and not to do
Features tips, lists, checklists, business models, worksheets, links to online quizzes, and other valuable resources
For CEOs and other business leaders who need to communicate more effectively and persuasively, Hooked offers effective techniques and valuable guidance.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- 1 What is business storytelling?
- 2 The importance of business storytelling
- 3 Business storytelling styles
- 4 Crafting your stories
- 5 Making your stories shine
- 6 Practising and delivering stories
- 7 Secret storytelling business
- 8 Getting your stories out there
- 9 Implementing storytelling into your organisation
- 10 Giving it a go
- Title: Hooked: How Leaders Connect, Engage and Inspire with Storytelling
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118637654