When working with Python dictionaries, sometimes your code has to deal with keys that may not be there; depending on the situation, this is trickier than it looks. In fact, your code may have a major bug in it right now! Learn the three different techniques for handling missing dict keys, their different strengths, and avoidable gotchas.
- Learn 3 coding methods to handle missing keys in your dictionary data structure
- Understand which method to use - when, and why, and the pros and cons of each method
- Learn how to practically apply each method and what problems each one solves
- Fully understand the nuances of the often maligned dict.get() method
Other videos in this series:
What are f-strings in Python and how can I use them?
Table of Contents
- Title: How do I handle missing dictionary keys in Python?
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781491994856