• Communicate through discussion boards
• Get updates using alerts
• Publish your thoughts with blogs
• Share knowledge with wikis
• Get the word out about upcoming events
• Manage your tasks
• Create surveys
• Work with calendars
• Work with meeting workspaces
• Work with document workspaces
As the name “SharePoint” implies, collaboration has been at the core of SharePoint’s functionality since its very conception. However, a great deal has happened in the domain of social networking since the release of SharePoint Portal Server 2001. The ever increasing popularity of tools such as blogs and wikis has significantly improved the way people collaborate.
In this chapter, we’ll take a look at the various ways that SharePoint ...