• Make use of social tagging
• Enable folksonomy in SharePoint
• Use managed keywords
• Use enterprise managed metadata
• Tag items with managed metadata terms
• Create a taxonomy hierarchy
• Administer a term store
• Create a new term store
Many people have questions about the new Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM), or taxonomy, features in SharePoint 2010. What’s all the fuss about EMM? Why is taxonomy arguably the most important new feature in SharePoint 2010? Hasn’t SharePoint always had metadata? As you’ll see in this chapter, the new EMM functionality enables a number of features, including better social computing capabilities.
Facebook and Twitter have propelled social computing into mainstream acceptance, ...