Faced with the challenge of developing effective customer service training? Not sure where to start? Whether you are a novice at the customer service game or an experienced facilitator, this book will make the development process fun and a whole lot easier. How to Get Customers Swearing by You, Not at You is an invaluable source of customer service material, tips and ideas all geared toward keeping the customers you worked so hard to get. The book is highly readable, the suggestions are easily adapted and the information is serious, yet presented in a lighthearted manner. Step by step, the "Telephone Doctor" walks you through the process of creating a formal customer service training program. Topics include barriers to training, management involvement, content, budgets and costs, icebreakers, workbooks, role playing, lecturing, questions, problem attendees, classroom evaluations, testing and more. Throughout the book, the author offers short commentaries on aspects of training and customer service that will help you look at the subject in a fresh, new light. How to Get Customers Swearing by You, Not at You covers a lot of ground. But it is all common sense and will empower you to create your own customer service training program and make it as basic or elaborate as you wish.
Table of contents
- Why This Book Is Important to You
- In the Beginning: The Story
- How to Use This Book: Honestly, It’s Easy!
- Analysis Component
- Design: Not as Scary as it Sounds
- Content: The Stuff They Learn
- Budget: What’s It Gonna Cost Me?
- EDPF: Excuse Me?
- Getting Started: Let’s Go!
- Resources: Where Do I Find the Good Stuff to Help Me?
- Icebreakers: Fun and Games
- Housekeeping: Where’s the Bathroom?
- Facilitator’s Guides
- Workbooks for Attendees: Make it Easy for Attendees to Learn
- Role Playing: So You Want to Be in Movies!
- Copyright: Do NOT Use Intellectual Property without Asking Permission!
- Delivery: The Fun Part
- Selling the Training to the Attendees: Why Are They There?
- Lecturing: Borrring!
- Questions: How to Get Attendees Involved
- Problem Attendees: Every Class Has One (At Least!)
- Rewards: Prizes and Motivation Dramatically Increase Participation
- Finishing with a Flourish: Your Time to Shine
- Evaluation Component
- Other Considerations
- About the Author
- How to Contact Nancy Friedman, The Telephone Doctor®
- Title: How to Get Your Customers Swearing by You, Not at You: Telephone Doctor's Guide to Customer Service Training
- Release date: January 2008
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9781599961514
You might also like
Whether you’re making a formal presentation, wooing a client, closing a sale, or proposing an idea, …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Talk Less, Say More: Three Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen
Talk Less, Say More is a revolutionary guide to 21st century communication skills to help you …
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python teaches simple programming skills to automate everyday computer tasks.