Everyone operating in business needs to understand how they should be using both influence and persuasion to make an impact, deliver outstanding results and really get ahead.
This brand new edition of How to Influence, is structured into three easy-to-access sections that will show you how to create willing allies across your organisation, turn potential crises into career defining opportunities, turn disagreement into consent, win key battles without fighting, push your agenda forward with authority, achieve more and stay in control.
Author Jo Owen is highly regarded as a world-leading expert in business practise and skills.
Table of Contents
- About the author
- Title page
- Influence and persuade: the skills index
Part 1 The ten pillars of influence
- 1 Whispers of influence: the persuasive conversation
- 2 Active listening: two ears and one mouth
- 3 Earning the currency of influence: trust
- 4 Act the part
- 5 Win–win–win
- 6 Give to take
- 7 Play the right tune
- 8 The spider’s web: building incremental commitment
- 9 Build your platform
- 10 Turning dreams into reality
- Part 2 Influence in practice
- Title: How to Influence and Persuade 2nd edn, 2nd Edition
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson International
- ISBN: 9780273776796