Getting to Know You and Your Product
Before you start this process, let's do a quick brainstorming session to get a better understanding of your product. You know your handmade product best, and you know what you know. Do you know what you need to improve on? Survey yourself using the following questions, and write these answers down to help you narrow down what you want to sell, what you need to learn, and what you are the best at!
Basic Product Questions
- What do I make? (List it all)
- Do I love what I make?
- What do I want my main product focus to be?
- What sets my product apart from the competition?
- What technique do I do better than the competition?
- What is the price range of my product?
- Is it easy to ship?
- What is my target market? (Who will be interested in my product?)
- What are 10 possible words that describe my craft?
- Do I have a “good” digital camera?
Marketing and Branding
- Do I have a blog?
- Do I have a Twitter account?
- Do I have a Facebook account (personal profile and fan page)?
- Do I know how to effectively use the above social media tools to promote my products?
- Do I understand search engine optimization (SEO) and how it helps with traffic from search engines?
- What keywords or phrases fit my products, and do I know how to properly place them?
- Do I know how to design a banner, or know someone who can do it for me?
- Do I know how to take product pictures that sell my products?
- Do I have business cards?
General Online Selling
- How many hours per week can I dedicate ...