What do you want?
Essential practices of Step 1
- Research and analyse the opportunity or need.
- Evaluate prior lessons learned.
- Define your goal and objectives.
- Define your scope of work, list of deliverables and specifications.
- Establish the project stages and gateway procedures.
Before you start: Step Zero
Something needs to get done. Things are not as they should be, or someone has spotted a chance to improve things. And you have been identified as the person to make it all happen. The first step in our project management process is to decide what, precisely, needs to be done, but to prepare for that, there are some things to do before you start: Step Zero.
Step Zero is about taking an inventory of where you are before you ...