How will you get what you want?
Essential practices of Step 4
- Identify all your deliverables.
- Set specifications and quality standards for all your deliverables.
- Establish your timescale and milestones.
- Create a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Create an organisational breakdown structure (OBS), consistent with your WBS.
- Determine the logical sequence of WBS activities.
- Estimate the duration of each WBS activity.
- Create a project schedule.
- Create a phased project budget, from a bottom-up cost breakdown structure (CBS).
- Identify and secure all necessary materials, assets and other resources.
The Book of the Plan
When I started out in project management, the first task I was given at the start of a new project was to get a new ...