How did it go?
Essential practices of Step 8
- Secure handover, and document any post-handover requirements.
- Conduct a final evaluation of lessons that can be learned from your project.
- Review the outcomes of your project and the performance of your project team.
- Complete all outstanding project administration tasks.
- Recognise, acknowledge, publicise and celebrate your project’s successes.
The Delivery stage of your project ends, at least in principle, with the handover of your deliverables to the new owner. ‘In principle’ because, in practice, you should have been handing over deliverables throughout the Delivery stage, rather than storing them all up (and therefore storing up all the risk) until the last moment.