By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Define negotiation and describe how it can help resolve conflicts.
• Describe the five styles of conflict resolution and identify which one you use most often.
• Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the forcing, compromising, and collaborating negotiating orientations.
• Describe the four most important elements of principled negotiation and how to put these into action.
• Describe five ways to handle angry, hostile, or inflexible disputants to get them to participate in the principled negotiation approach to conflict ...