2How to Know What Is Important
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the relationship between setting goals and managing your priorities.
• Identify the elements of a SMART goal.
• Relate tasks, activities, goals, and consequences.
• Determine which of your tasks and activities are urgent and which are not.
• Determine which of your tasks and activities have value.
• Describe the difference between being efficient and being effective.
Writing in the Harvard Business Review, professors Heike Bruch and Sumantra Ghoshal explain that “…very few managers use their time as effectively as they could. ...