Some ‘delivering on the day items’ were covered in the previous chapter, where we looked at slides, flip charts and mic tests. A number of the ideas in this chapter will seem really obvious when you read them, but you'll be surprised how many people do not do these simple things that can end up impacting their performance on the day due to last‐minute panics or problems.
The Day Before You Travel to the Venue
The day before you travel you need everything ready:
- Travel items, tickets, etc.
- Clothes to wear on the day (see below)
- Other clothes packed for the trip
- Prompt notes printed
- Slides printed and on a USB – even if emailed in advance
- Paper, pens, anything else you need
- Flip chart pens and paper, if you are using ...