No matter how talented you are as a designer, if you are going to run a successful fashion label you also need to know about business—from marketing and PR to manufacturing your collection, and where to find the money to finance it all.
In How to Set Up and Run a Fashion Label 2nd edition, Toby Meadows presents a no-nonsense guide to running your own business, whether it is within the clothing, accessories, or footwear sectors.
Packed with tips, case studies, and tasks to help you analyze yourself, your market, and your product, the book is designed for anyone wanting to start their own fashion business.
This new, expanded edition contains information on e-commerce, sustainability, five new case studies, and updated images throughout.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1. Introduction to the Fashion Industry
- Chapter 2. Be Your Own Boss
- Chapter 3. Business Legal Structure
- Chapter 4. What’s in a Name?
- Chapter 5. Working from Home v Setting Up a Studio
- Chapter 6. Jack-of-All-Trades?
- Chapter 7. Know Your Market
- Chapter 8. Understanding Trends
- Chapter 9. Product and Image
- Chapter 10. Getting it Made
- Chapter 11. Selling Your Collection
- Chapter 12. Get Your Message Out
- Chapter 13. Finance
- Suggested Reading and Resources
- Picture Credits and Acknowledgments
- Title: How to Set up & Run a Fashion Label, 2nd Edition
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856698924