By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Name three major categories of criteria for good business writing.
• Ask the central question you need to answer before you begin writing.
• List the three levels of potential readers within an organization.
• Name three ways of applying basic psychology to encourage readers to read your message.
• List five elements that contribute to an appropriate tone in most business writing.
Some people like to write. They feel creative and energized when faced with a blank computer screen or fresh sheet of paper. They put their thoughts down easily and need ...