Be a people magnet!
Improving your people skills and becoming a people-person is a surefire route to success, happiness, and confidence. We've all looked enviously across the room at that person who seems to effortlessly interact with everyone — humorous, confident and well liked. That person is confident with people they don't know, they have no fear of rejection, they can handle difficult situations with apparent ease. Well now you can too. How to Talk to Absolutely Anyone will show you exactly how to develop better communication for better results. With Mark Rhodes sound advice you will be able to build rapport with absolutely anyone.
Learn how to:
Overcome fear of rejection
Be confident with people you don't know
Deal with difficult situations
Get better outcomes from disputes
Communicate better to win you more business and more sales
Be more effective at networking at both business and social events
Table of contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- About the Author
- Foreword by Armand Beasley
- Introduction: Why You Should Want to Speak to Absolutely Anyone
PART ONE: Common Fears and Barriers about Speaking to Absolutely Anyone
- 1: Fear – Does It Hold You Back?
- 2: “I don't want to experience rejection”
- 3: “I worry about what other people might think”
- 4: “I hate talking to strangers – why would I want to?”
PART TWO: The Four Stages of an Interaction
- The Dynamics of an Interaction
- 5: Stage 1 – Your Outcome and Starting a Conversation
- 6: How – How Do You Mentally and Physically Approach?
- 7: What – What Do You Say?
- 8: Stage 2 – Creating Curiosity and Interest
9: Stage 3 – Making a Connection and Being Understood
- Being Understood – An Example
- “What's Important to You?”
- Making it Easier for People to Understand What You're Saying
- What Words Are They Using?
- Decision Strategies
- Dealing with Questions
- How Much Detail?
- The Balance of Consistency and Variety
- A Little Recognition and Appreciation Goes a Long Way
- Are You Really Listening?
- 10: Stage 4 – Get Them to Take Action
PART THREE: Making Your Communication Even Better
- 11: Making Your Voice Work for You
- 12: Common Pitfalls
- 13: Difficult Work and Business Conversations
- 14: Final Thoughts
- Your “Zero to Hero Talk to Anyone” Development Plan
- Title: How To Talk To Absolutely Anyone: Confident Communication in Every Situation
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857084026
You might also like
FT Guide to Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Gives you the confidence to ask the right business questions, make the correct finance decisions and …
Non-Designer's Presentation Book, The: Principles for effective presentation design, 2nd Edition
Robin Williams, teacher and designer, knows what it takes to give a good presentation. In this …
Entrepreneurship, Second Edition
Entrepreneurs who need to find the solutions to key challenges will turn to Bygrave. The second …
Business Ethics, 2nd Edition
Business Ethics: An Indian Perspective provides a comprehensive coverage of the theories of business ethics and …