By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe three characteristics of adult learners that you must take into consideration when designing and delivering training.
• Apply adult learning theory when you design and deliver training.
• Use five training practices that facilitate the adult training process.
• Select appropriate accommodations to give learners with disabilities equal opportunities to participate in training programs.
• Use appropriate strategies to reduce barriers to learning.
Training adults is different from teaching children and teens. In ...