3Assessing Training Needs
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the four major steps in the training needs assessment process.
• Define the purpose of a needs assessment.
• Select methods to collect needs assessment information.
• Determine whether training or non-training interventions are indicated.
• Make recommendations based on your analysis.
This chapter is devoted to Phase 1 of the training process, Assessing Training Needs. You learn what a training needs assessment is and why conducting a needs assessment can help you make sure your training dollars are used to best advantage. We ...