Ever wonder how you can get your important data from an older computer to your new Windows 8 computer without losing anything? How to Transfer Data to a New Windows 8 Computer will put fears to rest and walk you through the steps to do so successfully.
You’ll find coverage of the basics and pitfalls to avoid; you’ll also gain awareness of data that may have been overlooked or forgotten, as well as alternatives and ways to go forward if things do not work as expected. You’ll cover types of data to consider, preparation tasks, software tools that will facilitate the process, and finally, what to do with that old computer.
Alan Wright is the author of Windows 8.1 Absolute Beginner's Guide. He has worked with end-users at different levels and has long been accustomed to explaining and educating them on this type of issue. He has operated his own computer shop and continues to work with both home and small business users. In the past, Alan has worked in a corporate environment provided desk-side technical support and data migration when new OS’s have rolled out.
- Any user level
You Learn How To
- Determine what types of data you should keep
- Discover data that may have been overlooked or forgotten
- Plan your time accordingly
- Evaluate the best method and tools for your transfer
- Troubleshoot the data transfer
- Secure your old PC for disposal
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone looking to move data over to a new computer after purchasing a new one. Perhaps you are seeking to save money rather than pay for this service. Also appropriate for advanced users seeking to confirm their understanding of this process.
- Basic understanding of the Windows operating system.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Types of Data to Consider
- Lesson 2: Preparation
- Lesson 3: Using Automated Software Tools
- Lesson 4: Managing Your Old Computer
- Title: How to Transfer Data to a New Windows 8 Computer (Que Video)
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 0133853950
You might also like
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
In this Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 training course, expert trainer Erin Olsen will show you how to …
Virtual Machine technology applies the concept of virtualization to an entire machine, circumventing real machine compatibility …
Professional Xen® Virtualization
This book presents you with a complete foundation on the Xen technology and shows you how …
Build a Security Culture
Protect your organization by building a security-minded culture “With this book, Kai Roer has taken his …