4. Incentive Compensation
Aims and objectives of this chapter
• Explain the accounting issues involved in incentive compensation programs
• State the different types of cash incentive compensation plans currently in use
• Explore the prevalence of incentive compensation plans
• Discuss the various key incentive compensation metrics
• Explain the need to use sustaining financial value creation metrics
• Discuss the free cash flow measure as an incentive compensation metric
• Discuss the economic value added measure as an incentive compensation metric
• Discuss the residual income measure as an incentive compensation metric
• Discuss the use of a balance scorecard system as an incentive compensation triggering mechanism
An Introduction to Incentive ...
Get How To Use Finance and Accounting in HR (Collection) now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.