7Developing a Production Plan
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List the information needed to prepare a complete and adequate production plan.
• Explain how to use historical information, the results of the situational diagnosis, and the sales and revenue objectives to prepare an appropriate production schedule and budget.
• Demonstrate how the production schedule is used to prepare an adequate plan for the acquisition and management of production resources.
• Describe the raw materials planning process.
• List the costs included in production overhead.
The development of a production plan should flow ...