11Preparing a Business Plan to Raise Capital
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List and describe the two basic types of capital and the various alternative sources of each.
• Identify specific areas that a business plan must address to satisfy investors and lenders.
• Define the four Cs that a bank analyzes when considering a potential loan.
• Identify the three most important factors that a company must consider when deciding how to obtain financing.
• Define the three most important factors to address in presenting the business plan to prospective financing sources.
• Identify various business sources ...