By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the linkage between business planning and strategic management.
• Define the three elements of the planning/implementation/control cycle.
• Outline and define the six steps of the business plan implementation process.
• List at least five elements of an implementation action program.
• Delineate the five areas to be addressed in building the organizational infrastructure to support plan implementation.
• List the four components of the plan modification process.
A business plan should be a means and not an end. ...