By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Define the term mission as it applies to an organization and describe the role of the mission statement.
• Explain the purpose and role of goal setting in the business planning process.
• Define the terms goals, objectives, and strategies, and list at least five criteria of well-formulated goals and objectives.
• Identify the two primary questions that must be answered before a company can establish goals and objectives and describe the two most common approaches to analyzing information.
• Explain how the results of the situational diagnosis are used to ...