Developing a Sales and Revenue Plan
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the importance of developing quarterly sales and revenue objectives.
• Use historical information and the results of the situational analysis to prepare estimates of sales, revenues, and marketing and sales expenses.
• Explain why companies need to pull revenue and expense objectives together.
• Identify the impact of research and development activities on the sales and revenue plan.
• Describe the steps necessary to finalize the sales and revenue plan.
The goals and strategies established in step 3 of the planning process ...