By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe how a situation analysis of the IT function helps management set IT goals.
• Explain how corporate goals and IT initiatives are linked.
• Identify steps managers can take to track emerging technologies.
• Describe the relationship between goal setting and developing IT initiatives.
• Explain how a well-written IT plan can facilitate organizational learning.
• Prepare a basic IT budget that incorporates run, grow, and transform expenditures.
• List examples of basic IT performance metrics.
Information technology (IT), ...