Chapter 1. HTML5 and .NET
This chapter covers
- Understanding the scope of HTML5
- Touring the new features in HTML5
- Assessing where HTML5 fits in software projects
- Learning what an HTML application is
- Getting started with HTML applications in Visual Studio
You’re really going to love HTML5. It’s like having a box of brand new toys in front of you when you have nothing else to do but play. Forget pushing the envelope; using HTML5 on the client and .NET on the server gives you the ability to create entirely new envelopes for executing applications inside browsers that just a few years ago would have been difficult to build even as desktop applications. The ability to use the skills you already have to build robust and fault-tolerant .NET solutions ...