An insightful look at the implementation of advanced analytics on human capital
Human capital analytics, also known as human resources analytics or talent analytics, is the application of sophisticated data mining and business analytics techniques to human resources data. Human Capital Analytics provides an in-depth look at the science of human capital analytics, giving practical examples from case studies of companies applying analytics to their people decisions and providing a framework for using predictive analytics to optimize human capital investments.
Written by Gene Pease, Boyce Byerly, and Jac Fitz-enz, widely regarded as the father of human capital
Offers practical examples from case studies of companies applying analytics to their people decisions
An in-depth discussion of tools needed to do the work, particularly focusing on multivariate analysis
The challenge of human resources analytics is to identify what data should be captured and how to use the data to model and predict capabilities so the organization gets an optimal return on investment on its human capital. The goal of human capital analytics is to provide an organization with insights for effectively managing employees so that business goals can be reached quickly and efficiently. Written by human capital analytics specialists Gene Pease, Boyce Byerly, and Jac Fitz-enz, Human Capital Analytics provides essential action steps for implementation of advanced analytics on human capital.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Human Capital Analytics
Chapter 2: Alignment
- The Stakeholder Workshop: Creating the Right Climate for Alignment
- Aligning Stakeholders
- Who are Your Stakeholders?
- What Should You Accomplish in a Stakeholder Meeting?
- Deciding What to Measure with Your Stakeholders
- Leading Indicators
- Business Impact
- Assigning Financial Values to “Intangibles”
- Defining Your Participants
- Chapter 3: The Measurement Plan
- Chapter 4: It’s all about the Data
- Chapter 5: What Dashboards are Telling You: Descriptive Statistics and Correlations
Chapter 6: Causation: What Really Drives Performance
- Can You Create Separate Test and Control Groups?
- Are There Observable Differences?
- Did You Consider Prior Performance?
- Did You Consider Time-Related Changes?
- Did You Look at the Descriptive Statistics?
- Have You Considered the Relationship between the Metrics?
- A Gentle Introduction to Statistics
- Basic Ideas behind Regression
- Model Fit and Statistical Significance
- Chapter 7: Beyond ROI to Optimization
- Chapter 8: Share the Story
Chapter 9: Conclusion
- Human Capital Analytics
- The Measurement Plan
- It’s All about the Data
- What Dashboards are Telling You: Descriptive Statistics and Correlations
- Causation: What Really Drives Performance
- Beyond ROI to Optimization
- The Ultimate Goal
- What Others Think about the Future of Analytics
- Final Thoughts
- Appendix A: Different Levels to Describe Measurement
- Appendix B: Getting Your Feet Wet in Data: Preparing and Cleaning the Data Set
- Appendix C: Details of Basic Descriptive Statistics
- Appendix D: Regression Modeling
- Appendix E: Generating Soft Data from Employees
- About the Authors
- Title: Human Capital Analytics: How to Harness the Potential of Your Organization's Greatest Asset
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118466766
You might also like
People Analytics in the Era of Big Data
Apply predictive analytics throughout all stages of workforce management People Analytics in the Era of Big …
Microsoft Excel 2019 Data Analysis and Business Modeling, Sixth Edition
Master business modeling and analysis techniques with Microsoft Excel 2019 and Office 365 and transform data …
The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Definitive Guide to Dimensional Modeling, 3rd Edition
Updated new edition of Ralph Kimball's groundbreaking book on dimensional modeling for data warehousing and business …
Power of People, The: Learn How Successful Organizations Use Workforce Analytics To Improve Business Performance, 1/e
Learn from Today’s Most Successful Workforce Analytics Leaders Transforming the immense potential of workforce analytics into …