RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
After you read this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand the importance of recruitment and selection to strategic human resources management
- Understand the recruitment techniques that public and nonprofit organizations use
- Discuss how technology is changing recruitment and selection procedures
- Understand the tests and techniques used in selection
- Understand legal concerns in the recruitment and selection process
The need to adapt to rapidly changing situations requires agencies to recruit and select qualified individuals. Strategic human resources management (SHRM) provides agencies with the opportunity to use recruitment and selection to influence the operational strategy of public and nonprofit organizations. ...