After you have read this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand the importance of performance management systems to strategic human resources management
- Understand the relationship of motivation to performance management
- Identify the major uses of performance evaluations
- Describe the different types of evaluation instruments and the benefits of each
- Identify the major sources of rater errors when conducting evaluations
- Be able to discuss the legal issues associated with performance evaluations
The increasing demands for accountability made by the stakeholders of public and nonprofit organizations have focused greater attention on performance management. As a result, agencies have begun to reevaluate their ...